Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Missing in action!

Somewhere between Shiva Paintstiks and today there is a missing post. The one that explains where I will be.

Here is where I was:

Preparing my house to be put on the market, as in the real estate market. The one that is real cushy and soft right now. But we live in a part of Atlanta where real estate is pretty steady. People want to live here. Our realtor is optimistic that our house will sell by summer's end.

So for the past months I have been spackling, sanding, painting, painting trim and packing. We put most of our things into storage, including the contents of my studio. It seems most house buyers do not find it amusing when an artist has converted the formal dining and living rooms into a studio.

That has been the hardest part of this process -- putting art away. I have a little corner in an upstairs bedroom where I've put my sewing machine. I have a few unfinished projects in a box and some thread. I keep thinking any day I will go up and work on something. But then I find more sweeping, cleaning and straightening needs to be done. I feel singularly obsessed with having the "perfect house." Otherwise someone might not buy it.

This will be temporary. Our house will sell and we will find a new house. Hopefully, a ranch with a full basement. We have our eye on one right now, but it is really too soon.

Here is a link to see the house. The virtual tour link to the right (in red) will show you a video and a slide show of the interior. For those who have been in my house you will not recognize it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking home. You did a great job getting it ready for market and your Realtor is correct! I do not think it will last long either.

Carol Sloan said...

It is so difficult to work out of a small corner. I have just moved in to my own studio from a corner bedroom spot. I know that you'll be so glad to get back to your own space!Good luck on the house.
Carol