Saturday, December 13, 2008

In the Studio


I've been in the studio most of the last 10 days making gifts. I can't unveil everything for it would ruin the surprise. But here are a few snapshots of teacher gifts I made. 5" x 7" Personal Journals, with a matching coffee cozy. Some have said that these gifts are too generous. In my (not so) humble opinion, teachers work hard to educate our children and deserve a generous token of our appreciation.

While making journals for others, I decided to make a wrap for my daily notebook. After piecing my favorite greens together, I stamped the words in Indigo Lumiere Metallic and quilted the heck out of it. Those quilted lines are the same lines you'll find in my doodles and in my free form batik work. I've decided to pay attention to those doodles and feature them in my work.

1 comment:

Jules said...

What a great idea for teachers! Loved seeing you Tuesday night. Hopefully we can get together and talk sometime soon.