Thursday, February 05, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

I'm pleased to report that kindness is in the world. Sometimes I doubt it, but it is there. Yesterday, while driving home with the girls in the back, a car in front of us broke down in the middle of an intersection. 4, 5, 6 cars zoomed around this broken down car being pushed by the lone occupant. I wondered if I could help, could I help push this car? Would the girls be safe in our car?

But before I could answer any of those questions, a man in a Lexus pulled over and ran to help. Dressed in work clothes, with a long coat on, he started to push. Then another car pulled over, and another man hopped out to help.

While all this helping was going on, people were whipping around me and the men pushing the car, hurrying to get home, or wherever they were going. I felt sorry for these hurried drivers. Sorry that they were in such a rush, they missed the heart warming scene of random acts of kindness.

No comments: