Sunday, September 03, 2006

Postcards for Virginia Spiegel Fiberart for a Cause


Gotcha! Ha!

Yesterday the Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Arts Alliance and Fiber on a Whim hosted a postcard making party at the studio of Fiber on a Whim. We had a great time sharing techniques, talking and sewing. Many had already made postcards and came to make even more. Thus far our count to go to Virginia Spiegel is 67. We're keeping our box until September 21 and will ship it via Federal Express. If anyone wants to bring postcards by Fiber on a Whim, we'll add them to the box and pay your shipping! Deadline is September 20.

I spent most of my day gabbing and giggling. The only thing I accomplished was finishing one of my derieres and coming up with this little lady. She needs eyeballs! I've had the breast fabric for a while. I bought it at a local quilt show, it was bundled with two other fabrics I didn't want, but I had to have it!




One of our members is the regional Janome representative. I have a Janome 6500 my mom gave me for a combo Birthday/Christmas present TWO years ago. After spending the day sitting next to Karen, I realized I had been given a big rig truck, but I only have a learner's permit! Man, the things this machine can do that I never knew. So I took out the M foot and did a little bit of satin edge stitching on this piece. Beautiful!

A color altered macro shot of a coneflower head. Printed on fabric. I thinkI'll bead each little "head."

I marvel at the work of several of our members. Unfortunately I was so busy running around I didn't take very many pictures. . . . but more pictures will follow in the next few days as I ask members to email me some shots!

Here is Heidi Miracle-McMahill with her incredible illustrations.

5 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

Yikes! How did she get that picture of me on my scale!!!HA!

THey are great!

Jules said...

I had a blast on Saturday. I'll take pictures of mine and send them to you. I am adding snowflakes to the door of the beach one. (If I can find my snowflake stamps...)

Did I leave a big chuck of Timtex there on Saturday? If so, we can use it for next Tuesday. I got more today.

Kay said...

Wonderful! These are sure to sell.

Elle said...

Those are great!!!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo in love with the red derriere! It looks like she's got a butterfly tattoo on her cheek :-) I love fabric serendipity like that.