Monday, September 25, 2006

Postcards for Virginia Spiegel

I love making postcards. It's fun, fast and rewarding. This project has raised a bit of money for the American Cancer Society. It has also brought the medium of fabric to many who may not have ventured into the world of art quilts without this small format! Kudos to Virginia Spiegel for all her hard work on this project.



If you don't get to Houston in time to get a real Pamela Allen postcard, maybe this Pamela Allen Icon card will do!

"Oh, now don't you take my picture!" Guess who!

Cave Mama

Full Frontal

From the rear.

And because the theme for Houston is World of Beauty, so I made some flowers.






3 comments:

Jules said...

Do you just cut the flowers and other shapes freehand, or do you draw and then cut?

I love your work.

Deb Hardman said...

These are wonderful! Addictive making them isn't it!

Sharon Serrano Ahmed said...

Hey Missy, Your postcards are great! I want to be immortalized in fabric too!