Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

There is no cure for birth and death
save to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana

Yesterday was my birthday. I find that I enjoy my birthday more each year. I relish the wisdom that comes with the passage of time and experiencing life's events.

This year I invited two couples and their children to spend the evening with us -- we were 12 in all. I spent my day in the kitchen prepping for the meal. My husband and children cleaned the house. What a nice treat.

We had a feast! With lots to drink (responsibly)! And music and fun! I think it was the best birthday yet!


I love to set a pretty table.
Everyone says it makes them feel like "dress up."
But at my house it jeans and slippers if you please.


The kids had a pretty table to eat at as well.



The kids enjoyed chocolate fondue!


The adults enjoyed this fabulous Chocolate Ganache Cake with a champagne toast.


The men jammed and played some great R&B.
Poor Olaf had to sit on the floor to play the percussion.
We need to put the keyboard on a rack next time.







Minu gave me this adorable vegetable peeler. I love the colors!

No comments: