Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Public Sketching! One poor victim.


Here's a shout out to Mary Akers: "Thanks for the awesome inspiration and encouragement." She taught an incredible charcol drawing session last week at Fiber Art Fusion's meeting last week.

Today, while watching my daughter take her Tae Kwon Do class, I took out a pen and sketched the guy sitting in front of me. He was listening to music on IPOD. It was pretty loud, but not loud enough for me to figure out what he was listening to. He was tapping and bobbing his head along with the beat. It was hilarious. After a few minutes he started to squirm and then looked over his shoulder at me a few times. Hmmm. Maybe his sixth sense was piqued. What a hoot.

Anyway, it was fun and I felt a small sense of success. Now I guess I need to go to Binders and get me a Moleskine Cahier Sketchbook to carry about.

And I need to look at the calendar more often! I dated this sketch 1/21/09.

1 comment:

Heidi Miracle-McMahill said...

awesome!!! you should definitely keep sketching!!!