Monday, January 19, 2009

My studio

On Quiltart.com many people have been posting pictures of their studios. I am fascinated by the spaces people work in and thought I would share pictures of my studio:

This is from the entrance door of my studio. The rear door opens out into the yard with the fountain beyond. I love to open the door and hear the bubbling of the fountain and the birds singing. My girls like to hang out in the studio with me. Sarah sits in the chair and reads while Sophie will work on some sort of art project at the end table.



The blue cabinet at the end is from a hairdressing salon. It is on wheels and I can move it around. The doors open up to reveal pull out shelves. This is where all my stamping supplies are located.


Drats. You can't really see my sewing machine, but it is at the left. On the left wall I have two closets that flank the sewing table. I store lots of stuff in there. Straight back are beads, some patterns and my sketchbooks. My library of books are kept in another room.



From the end of the room you can see my sewing table and some of my fabric on the left. Behind the mirror doors is a huge walk in room where I have more fabric and stuff stored.


Today the girls made their own Journal Covers following instructions I wrote for a class I teach at Red Hen Fabrics. I was really amazed that they could do most of it, though I am always leery when they use the rotary cutter.

Close up of the Journal Covers they made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful studio space! I am jealous that yours is at ground level :). I am really enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Katy S