Sunday, June 04, 2006

LOST can be found at the Lowell Quilt Festival and the High Museum of Art

LOST 2006

I am doing a happy dance. LOST was accepted into the Images 2006 Open Hearts Open Hands Exhibit at the Lowell Quilt Festival. Laura Cater-Woods selected the pieces that would appear at the exhibit.

LOST will also hang at the High Museum of Art June 16, 17, and 18 as a special exhibit with the Gee's Bend quilts.

I posted my Happy Dance on quiltart.com and received many emails from members commenting on the quilt. Everwhere I go and show this quilt to a group of people, I hear stories about others who have loved ones who are homeless, or who have been homeless. How can so many people have loved ones with homeless? And still there are so few resources to help them?

2 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

That's GREAT!It deserves to be seen! Congratulations!

Kay said...

Hooray for you! I remember that you were unhappy with the original reception of this piece, and now it's got the recognition it deserves!