Saturday, January 26, 2008

#15, #16 and Life in the Studio

Here is #15. It's Sophie's preschool teacher who shattered her ankle in a car accident and will have to have multiple surgeries to correct it.


#16 Rachel Louise Carson who was a great friend to birds everywhere.

And here is a shot of Sophie at my table in the studio. In between everything else, I've been pulling out an altered book and gessoing the pages. Sophie was keen on making her own journal and filling it with pictures and notes, just like Mommy. You can see the glow of the computer in the background as Sarah noodles around on the computer. Today Sarah took her turn at the table and we made her a journal with stitched pages. She's calling it her party journal and is filling it with important things relating to parties (like cake recipes, decorations and ideas for party favors).

Since moving into the bigger studio space I've enjoyed having my children join me while I work. Before I'd work in the small studio and they'd be working at the kitchen table. We now have a greater sense of collaboration and they seem keen on learning new techniques.

Bliss.

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

That's wonderful that your kids can be inspired to play with you!

Your pieces are wonderful too!