Monday, January 28, 2008

Swamped

I am swamped. Me. Not the kids, not the hubby, nothing to do with the normal day to day life of managing the family. Me. So for the past two days I've spent my studio time writing and preparing for the upcoming meeting of Fiber Art Fusion, the class I'm teaching at Fiber on a Whim, and working on two articles for Altered Couture Magazine. Oh, did I mention i'm taking an on-line class from Pamela Allen?

Here's this week's lesson -- my first revision. Instead of going for new imagery, I wanted to see Frida's fruit in all red. What I really want to do is work on that Frida jacket hanging in the corner of my studio.

Post Script: It sounds like I am not enjoying the Pamela Allen class. On the contrary, Pamela is an awesome teacher and I am lucky to have taken a weekend workshop with her this fall. She is a phenomenal on-line teacher as well. The class I'm taking is through Quilters Keep Learning. You download the lesson, participate in a forum (like a chat room) where you can ask questions and you post your work in the on-line gallery. Pamela looks at the work and critiques it. One of the other great benefits to taking this type of class is seeing other people's work and reading Pamela's comments about the work. It's a great way to train your eyes.

No comments: