Monday, January 14, 2008

Tree Jacket Completed

There is no 5 x 7 submission for yesterday, but I might get to two this evening. I spent Saturday night and most of Sunday working on this jacket, Trees. You can see the before here.

Here is the front. And boy, Weight Watchers might have to be in my future. The jacket looks huge. It doesn't help that it's hanging on a small scale french door between my two studios. Anyway. . .


In this picture the color is more true. I put covered buttons on and hand stitched brown swirls over the entire jacket.


Here is the back. Each leaf has a stanza from Joyce Kilmer's poem Trees. And the hand stitched brown swirls which helps it tie together with the collar, which I did not want to replace.

And one leaf features a robin, well looks more like a blue bird, but in my imagination it is the bird in this stanza.

Thanks to Joyce Kilmer for the lovely words of inspiration.

2 comments:

arlene said...

I love this poem! My mom used to recite it when I was a little girl...it's one of her favorites. Your jacket is beautiful, and the words are so perfect! Nice job!

foundthings said...

love the birdie and wow on all the embroidery!