Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Altered Jacket Project and #10

I'm teaching a class in altered clothing in February at Fiber on a Whim. For that class I'm making a few more samples. I found some great jackets at Goodwill this week. I love working with denim, probably because I wear so much of it!

Here's the original jacket. Notice the adorable kitty cats on the pockets? Those kitties are also on the back yoke of the jacket.
I removed the pockets, cut out the kitties and inserted little quilt sandwiches with -- guess what -- leaves. I did the same on the back yoke. More leaves, some stamping and hand stitching and off it will go to Fiber on a Whim.


Today's 5 x 7 takes a look at negative space.

#10

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

Ilove your leaves. Actually I love any leaves. I'm making another purse featuring leaves right now. It seems I can never get enough of them!