Monday, January 07, 2008

Leaf Study #7 and Painting with the Girls

#7 - Leaf Study


Today was the last day of Winter Break. The girls and I hung around the house this morning enjoying our time together. Then we decided to paint some aprons. I gave each of the girls a piece of freezer paper and had them draw designs for their aprons. I cut them out, then we ironed them on, and went to town with the Lumiere. It was great fun. I don't have finished aprons to show today -- they still have the freezer paper on them. It's too much fun to peel off that freezer paper to reveal your design below, so I'll save that joy for the girls tomorrow.


Here's Sophie carefully dipping her stencil brush into the purple -- she was painting her lamb.


Sarah loves lumiere and really goes for the gold halo colors. It's sad that she has already gotten hung up on things looking "right." She had me draw her a gingerbread man and a few hearts. She just couldn't see that her hearts and angel were much better than mine. Quick, before the girls are totally hung up on realism, I need to get them to draw me a million things.

2 comments:

Heidi Miracle-McMahill said...

I love how you have challenged yourself!!! And the work is turning out great! i can't wait to see how this goes throughout the year!

and, yes, get the girls to draw lots now! i hate how they do that. get so stuck on things looking just perfect and more real.

Kate North said...

love those leaves. And looking forward to seeing the girls' aprons.